Have you ever driven past a church building and wondered what made the faith community decide on the particular type of signage that they had mounted? Some feature acrylic lettering while others have chosen to use metal plaques. While it is true that in some instances a faith community honors the request of the donor who paid for the marker, it is far more common for the organization to look to the city or county for guidance. After all, city officials must approve their signs just as they do the markers of the business community.
Take for example Laguna Presbyterian Church in California’s Laguna Beach. Located at 415 Forest Avenue, this faith community is a vibrant member of the local neighborhood. It operates a preschool, opens the doors to its Spanish Colonial Revival sanctuary to Southern Orange County Christians desirous to wed in this setting and operates several service projects for those desirous of helping local and international charities with more than just monetary donations.
When it came time to redo the church’s signage, Laguna Presbyterian Church contacted America’s Instant Signs. Since the city of Laguna Beach is very partial to natural redwood signs and actually requires their usage by many members of the local business community, the church decided to follow suit. Opting for fresh sandblasted redwood signs to replace the outdated ones, the property underwent a stunning beautification. Many features, such as the preschool, sanctuary and youth center are now beautifully labeled.
The simplicity of the signs makes for perfect wayfinding markers. If you are inspired by the sandblasted redwood signs for Orange County churches such as Laguna Presbyterian, consider using them for your retail operation, faith community or service business.
- Define an identity. The sandblasted sign defines the identity of the venue it marks. Whether you stick with the natural colors of a redwood marker or opt for the addition of paints, this type of signage works with the look of your building to set the stage for its atmosphere.
- Enjoy variety. While redwood is only one material that we use for sandblasting, there is a host of other raw materials for you to pick from. We work with marble, sign foam and other kinds of wood, too. Moreover, sandblasting is also only one technique our skilled graphic artists rely on. Routing and channel cutting are other means of creating amazing signs that suit your needs.
- Stand out. While others may advertise a modernized approach to business or service with lit channel lettering, this down-to-earth approach bespeaks your love of time-honored values and long-standing histories. You will stand out by virtue of the unconventional appearance of your markers.
Since customization is a key-element in the design of attention-getting church signage, we specialize in the creation of markers that are unusual and individualized. We work with your already existing fonts and customer logos to create markers that use some of these style elements to blend into the venue’s impression. At the same time, the technology employed in making the signs ensures that they draw the eyes and generate interest in those seeing them. Even repeat visitors who are familiar with the signs will be drawn to the meticulous execution of the designs.
Are you looking for new church or school signs in Orange County? We make it easy to get a free quote...
Now, let's take a look at some before and after images of these new sandblasted redwood signs...
A look at their old main signage
The new sign with a sandblasted header
The above shows their old preschool marker
The new preschool entrance!
Even the new elevator sign shines!
So does this new sign for their youth center!
It is not just the business community that needs expert signage. Faith communities, too, communicate with members, visitors and the general public via interior markers. Those in charge of purchasing interior signs for churches in Orange County have three distinct needs:
- Wayfinding signs.
- Informational markers.
- Donor appreciation.
Basic facility and safety signs are a must-have for churches of any size. Clearly marking the exits, locations of the bathrooms and directions to meeting rooms is usually accomplished with ADA-compliant interior markers. Using vinyl or digital graphics, the messages are brief, easy to read and succinct. Since plenty of older churches feature numerous additions, room repurposing and renovations that occasionally make these buildings mazes, having plenty of signs helps newcomers to the faith community find their ways around.
Directory markers are an ideal opportunity for welcoming the faithful to the church’s foyer. Using inserts with arrows, you can easily direct folks to the sanctuary, chapel, social hall, children’s church and Sunday School rooms. If your ushers are otherwise engaged, these signs help direct traffic on busy Sunday mornings and eliminate the bottleneck at the gate.
Are you involved in a long-term building project to beautify or expand your facility? Does your congregation participate in a variety of outreach programs? Help members and guests to get involved by posting interesting tidbits about the projects. Be sure to include contact information for project leaders. Use banners or posters for this information.
Metal plaques are a wonderful method of memorializing financial sacrifices. Post these plaques in a hallway or on a wall dedicated to honoring individuals who use their personal resources to advance the work of the faith community.
Choosing the Right Types of Interior Signs
If you are in charge of making the signage purchase, your task may be complicated by your long-term membership with the church. While you have no problem traversing the shortcuts, odd rooms and back stairs, the same cannot be said for a first-time guest in search of the nursery or restroom. We can help.
Contact America’s Instant Signs for an on-site consultation. We gladly come out and look at the layout of your facility as well as the rooms and areas that need signage. Looking at your building through the eyes of outsiders helps when it comes to making the venue welcoming for newcomers. Our experienced technicians point out areas where multiple hallways meet or where doors lead to a wide variety of locales.
We may also suggest the installation of hanging signs rather than wall markers. While installing your wayfinding frames and inserts flush to the wall makes them easy to see for those walking up to them, it does hide the information from those who are down the hall. By hanging signs from hallway ceilings, it is possible to help newcomers find the right rooms quickly.
Since money is always a concern, talk to our graphic artists about the must-have signs versus those that we might install later. We can help you set up a sign strategy that identifies the most important installation areas as well as those that will benefit from a second or third installation round.
Be sure to check back on Monday for our blog post on sandblasted redwood signs for Orange County churches!
The Quincy Market Cafe is a staple in Anaheim. Located at 8086 East Santa Ana Canyon Road, this eatery has made a name for itself with its sizable selection of specialty sandwiches. Where else can you get a healthy meal with a side salad and tasty selections even the kids will love – all at a reasonable price? When it came time for the restaurant to evaluate its signage, the owners contacted America’s Instant Signs for assistance.
We visited the Quincy Market Cafe and evaluated the setting, the foot traffic and the street scene. After drawing up some sketches, the owners and our technicians decided on two signs for the different entryways. One is a front-lit channel sign while the other one is a lightbox cabinet marker. Both types of signs have their distinct advantages in making a storefront location stand out.
Front Lit Channel Letters
Front lit channel letter signs for Anaheim, CA, are among the most commonly chosen markers in the areas. They are easy to read even from a larger distance, quite attractive on any type of facade and allow for effortless branding with the use of logo-specific colors and typeface. Whether you are in the market for a whimsical display of your business’s name or prefer a minimalist approach to branding a high-tech store, this is the signage product to choose.
The front-lit aspect is a standard feature in this setting. Colored acrylic facings let you choose any hue that complements your exterior as well as your already existing company signage. Made from sturdy aluminum, we place neon light tubes inside the hollow lettering. After dark, the signage lights up and points to the location of your restaurant or store so that it is easy to be seen even from long distances away.
At the eatery’s other entrance we faced the presence of an already existing marker from another restaurant that is right next to the Quincy Market Cafe. Also in channel letters, it would have looked awkward to have both markers displayed in this style. This is why we decided on the combination of a channel letter sign, which mimics the typeface from the venue’s other markers, and one of our lightbox cabinet signs. For Anaheim CA restaurant owners, these are the next best things after channel lettering.
We imprint the business’s information onto the facing, use the logo design as well as the typeface that the company owner prefers, and then add light sources to the marker. After dark, the box lights up and guides the way for clients and customers to find the storefront. In addition, this signage stands out sufficiently from adjacent markers to draw the attention of onlookers.
Why Mixing and Matching Works
Gone are the days when you had the luxury of being the only store or restaurant on the block. These days, you have ample competition from other businesses – some are as close as being next door. To ensure that your markers do not get lost in a collection of other signage options, we work with business owners to come up with innovative sign designs that capitalize on options other than what competitors have chosen. The results are eye-catching and highly effective.
There are two types of property management signs. For Orange County, CA, business owners, there are markers that come into play when moving a company from one established location to a new venue. For property managers, there is a selection of different signs that make a huge difference when marketing the availability of rental spaces at a particular address or ensure that your tenants are happy.
Business Community Signage Options
Changing the location of an already established business is a time-consuming undertaking. In addition to the physical move and the time that it takes to get up and running, there is the matter of signage to consider. After all, customers were accustomed to finding you at a certain address. When you move, you need to ensure that everyone can find you. This applies when you move across town or even just across the street into the newly renovated strip mall. Signs can make this transitional period easier.
- Channel letter sign for the new location. Make sure your customers can find you right away. Ideally, you will have this type of marker installed as soon as the ink is dry on your lease agreement. Even if you do not move in for another month or so, make it clear what the name of the location will be once you are fully settled.
- Posters. Hang posters in the windows of your old and new locations. Digitally printed and properly branded with your business name and logo, use these markers to communicate your impending change of address. At the old location, help folks find out how to get to the new place. Adding maps is always a good idea. At the new location, advertise your grand opening festivities and reiterate the date so that everyone is clear on when you are going to be open for business.
- Parking and monument signs. If a parking lot is part and parcel of your new venue, a monument marker makes it easy for drivers to find the entrance. Keep traffic organized with parking lot signs that identify loading zones, handicapped parking spots and compact car slots. If you intend to offer plug-in locations for electric cars, appropriate signs mark the areas where drivers of these vehicles should park.
Property Management Signs for Building Owners and Managers
When you are responsible for the management of a business property, there is an entirely different set of markers that your Orange County venue requires.
- Directories. Install these markers next to elevators, stairs or escalators. They highlight the suite or room numbers of your tenants and make it easier for visitors and clients to find them.
- Leasing banners. If there are still available office suites or storefront spaces in your building, hang up some leasing banners. This signage advertises the fact that you are actively looking for new tenants and may also add some information like square footage and zoning details.
- Suite signs. When you opt for modular frames, it is easy to change out inserts. Immediately identify new renters and so encourage other potential rental clients to sign up before all the choice suites or storefronts are gone.
Of course, there is a wide variety of additional signage options that can make a big difference on your property. Contact America’s Instant Signs and schedule a consultation to discuss your marker needs. We can make your property stand out; it does not matter if it only holds a few suites or consists of multiple floors with available spaces.
Southern Californians like to get married. Statisticians have compiled the data and found that May, July and August are the most popular months for tying the knot in and around Orange County. The county is the leader in the cost per wedding: Couples spend an average $37,102 to say their vows. Although Orange County ranks third in sunny Southern California for weddings – there are 22,168 per year – nearby Los Angeles County boasts 57,448 nuptials on an annual basis. With this many brides looking forward to their trip to the altar, it is clear that many of them go beyond the perusal of bridal magazines and rather head for the trade shows.
When you are in the business of serving engaged couples with flowers, catering, beauty services, musical entertainment, decorations or dresses as well as tuxedos, it makes sense that you want to get your latest products noticed at an exhibition. Bridal trade show graphics and displays for Orange County events are a necessity. Nevertheless, do you want to go in with the same materials that you took to last year’s shows? No! Standing out from the crowd is crucial for staying ahead of the competition, and only the latest graphics and display options will ensure your recognition as a thought leader in your niche. America’s Instant Signs receives quite a few calls from bridal expo exhibitors in search for innovative displays.
Here is what we suggest this year:
- Counter displays. When you are working with a number of display tables, choose fanciful counter displays to add dimension to your setup. Too many flat brochures – even if you stand up some of them – look boring. Adding height with stand-up displays makes any table look interesting.
- Acrylic product displays. The advantage of this setup is the wide variety of colors and print fonts we can use. Spruce up any display by instantly turning it into an avant-garde, traditional, quirky or winsome presentation. Setting the mood with these panels is simple but effective.
- Banners. Big enough to alert visitors to your presence from across the exhibition hall, these banners are vital when you build on the hard-fought name recognition from last year’s trade show. Since branding is everything, remember to include your logo and its colors on all of your banners.
- A-frames. Easel stand signs are easy to place around the show hall. Add arrows that point in the direction of your booth. If you are displaying a hard-to-find but highly desirable product this year, be sure to include this information on the printed poster that you place on the A-frame.
- Foam boards. Foam board is a superior substrate for your digitally printed poster. You can transport this lightweight material by yourself if you cannot find anyone to help with your trade show exhibit. High-gloss paper displays your latest products to their fullest advantages. If you prefer, we can print the graphics onto PVC board, which is more rigid than foam board. You can then use this display with a pedestal stand. When you anticipate a lot of interaction with the public, add a UV laminate to protect your display from scratches.
Give us a call! We have plenty of additional ideas to help you make this year’s bridal trade show exhibit a success. You can also click below for a free quote!
Located at 2101 West Garvey Avenue in California’s West Covina, North-West College is a vocational school that offers medical and legal career preparation. In business since 1966, this school is a family-owned operation that values its students and upholds its solid reputation of graduating well-trained allied health care workers. Operating a variety of Southern California campuses to make school attendance convenient for students residing in the Southland, the school discovered that with building expansions and room changes it was time to upgrade its signage as well.
The management contacted America’s Instant Signs for a comprehensive overhaul of the existing signs. We visited for a site evaluation and took note of the school’s needs. We discussed our suggestions with the school’s management and created a number of good-looking signs that highlight the organization’s logo but do not neglect informational aspects as well.
Lobby’s Mission and Motto Marker
Inspiring students is only a part of the school’s mission. The other part is the empowerment and the encouragement of those who come for meetings, have appointments for tours or just want to get more information. The North-West College required a mission marker panel. Its vision plaque is attractive acrylic that is placed on metal laminate and features etched vinyl on the back and white vinyl on the front. Proudly displaying the logo of the school as well as photos of students, this attractive marker sets the tone for visitors’ expectations.
To help students locate the entrances to the correct buildings, the school asked us to install illuminated channel letter signs on two buildings. One type is halo-lit while the other features and illuminated logo box. The combination of different lighting options creates an aesthetically pleasing appearance that complements one another. Not only does this setup help students find the Marsha Fuerst Hall and other buildings after dark, but it also transforms the nighttime facade of the building into an attractive building front.
This school signage makeover in West Covina, CA, also focused on the use of ADA-compliant suite signs and wayfinding markers. Recognizing that the growing number of offices can be a bit confusing to new staff members or students, these interior signs feature room names as well as arrows that point staff and students into the right direction. The signs display the school’s logo as well as the blue and orange color scheme.
Additional School Signage
For West Covina, CA, the campus management needed a career wall map. This series of acrylic holders shares information about newly graduated students and where they have found great jobs. Three acrylic logo panels in the conference room show off the three brands of the vocational schools that are run by this business as well. In addition to the North-West College, they identify the Nevada Career Institute and the Glendale Career College.
We hope that this glimpse into the signage makeover at the North-West College has given you some inspiration for your own school signage upgrade. If you area thinking of updating signs that may have been installed decades ago or may no longer adequately label your rooms and facilities, give us a call. Our experienced signage technicians will gladly come out for a site evaluation and discuss your marker needs with you.
When the phone rings at America’s Instant Signs, it is usually a customer in search of a great sign for a new or existing business. Yet when PRES Property Asset Management from Newport Beach called, they did not need a new sign. Instead, they were looking for an experienced sign removal service. Orange County businesses oftentimes take their signage with them when they leave one location in favor of another, but occasionally the lease does stipulate that it is the property manager’s responsibility to remove the signage after a tenant has moved out.
How Do We Remove a 16-foot Sign?
In this case, it was a 16-foot wide logo sign that was located on a prominent building in downtown Anaheim. Situated in the Promenade District, this building saw quite a bit of traffic and plenty of passersby. Doing the work – and doing it right – would require the services of our senior technicians. We took stock of the sign and learned that it was an illuminated channel letter marker in a circular shape. Since there would be wiring involved, we made sure to bring our electrical toolkit.
After positioning our 110-foot lift, we transported our experts up the eight stories and placed them within easy reach of the sign. Once up there, we saw that a couple of crows had built a nest alongside the sign. Since there was no sign of eggs, we removed the nest. In the course of eight hours, we uninstalled the sign, disassembled its fasteners, repaired the metal crossbeams to which it was attached, capped off the electrical wiring for safety and repainted areas where there was chipping and flaking. By the time we were finished, you would have been hard pressed to point to the area where the sign was mounted.
Does It Matter Whom You Hire for Your Sign Removal?
Yes, it does. We are among the small group of elite sign installation and removal services Orange County businesses trust. Whether you are a property manager or a business owner who needs to move or remove a sign, we are ready to help.
- Experienced staff. Our installers not only know how to put up these signs, we also make sure they know how to take them down. We do the job right the first time.
- Attention to detail. Did we absolutely have to paint the attachment points? If you wanted the job done right, then yes. If you had been satisfied with little more than the fulfillment of the letter of the contract, then we could have probably saved ourselves this step.
- Safety first. We work in areas where there is traffic. Whether there are pedestrians, motorists or customers visiting a building, we understand that there is an inherent danger to working more than 100 feet above ground. We have therefore developed very stringent safety protocols that ensure not only the safety of our workers but also the safety of those on the ground.
- Suitable equipment. Would you believe that some sign companies do not have access to lifts that go beyond 100 feet? This is no big deal if the sign is to be installed at (or taken down from) a height of 75 feet, but it is a big deal when the building is taller and the marker is higher up. Working with a professional who has access to the right equipment makes a huge difference when you want the job done on your schedule.
Liferay understands what customers want in a business website. This company devotes its time and energy to the development of applications that provide this heightened level of functionality for all types of commercial endeavors. A multi-national company with a local presence, California’s Diamond Bar residents and visitors find the offices of the business at 1400 Montefino Avenue. When it came time to add a marker that identifies the location, Liferay contacted America’s Instant Signs.
We visited the location to get a better feel for the site. Since traffic is slower than in other areas, there was no need for oversized lettering. There was, however, the need for sign with monument qualities. We offered some sketches to the management and the company decided on an unlit aluminum cabinet sign with acrylic letters. The color is white and the sign displays the name of the company as well as the address and the logo. A 3-D appearance supports the visual appeal of this marker.
Businesses have come to embrace exterior aluminum cabinet signs for Diamond Bar, CA, addresses. When there are not a lot of other storefronts around, this is an excellent method of creating brand awareness and marking the entrance to your property or parking lot. Of course, there are also plenty of other reasons to choose a cabinet sign over the avaialble signage options.
- Customized sizes. When you have a lot of traffic in front of your venue, your sign needs to be a bit taller to accommodate larger lettering. When the traffic is calmer, the signs can be made smaller. Cabinet sizes are easy to adjust and customize to suit your location.
- Variety of shapes. Although the standard sign might mimic the layout of a piece of computer paper, you are not locked into the rectangular shape. If you prefer to drive brand awareness by mimicking your company’s logo or an element thereof, we can accommodate your needs.
- Plenty of colors and materials. Aluminum is a common cabinet material. It is easy to paint and quite durable in the California sun. Since this area is also susceptible to termite damage, the metal ensures that there will be no danger of insect activity.
- Easy to update. If you are a medical professional who is sharing office space with colleagues, this type of signage is ideal when you add new practitioners to your office. There is no reason to change the marker; simply update the facing with the information and it will accurately reflect the new addition to the staff.
Call our experienced graphic artists today for more information on cabinet signs as well as acrylic letter signs. Diamond Bar, CA, frequently requires tenants to apply for permits prior to having these markers installed. Do not worry! We handle the permitting process as well as the installation. We will contact your management company to get property owner approval and also work with the city to get the permits needed for the setup of your new sign. By the way, if you would like to have a lit rather than an unlit cabinet marker, we can accommodate you there, too!
Located at Newport Beach’s 4667 MacArthur Boulevard in Suite 400, HSNO Accountants have been in business since 1973. Behind the abbreviation is a team of forensics accounting specialists who are as familiar with litigation support as they are with investigation services. An accountancy firm with offices in the United Kingdom as well as the United States, the proprietors understand the importance of having superior exterior markers that identify the company and support brand awareness.
After HSNO contacted the experts at America’s Instant Signs, we visited the firm and discussed the signage needs with the business manager. It became clear that a front lit channel letter sign on a panel would be the most suitable marker display for the location and the business. Front lit channel letter signs for accounting and CPA firms are quite common in Newport Beach, and it makes sense that this company – although a thought leader in its niche – does not want to unduly stand out and raise false expectations. By just focusing on the firm name and not mentioning the accountancy angle, the experts avoid the inquiries of companies and individuals looking for tax help and associated services.
Of course, if you are among the accountancy firms that do specialize in this type of service, you can advertise your availability with the right front lit channel letter signs. Newport Beach, CA, is a community that is competitive in this field, which calls for the installation of the right type of marker.
- Front lit signs are easy to see. If you are doing business out of a strip mall or office park, the front lit marker ensures that clients can find you after dark. The signage itself is fashioned from durable aluminum that is lit with LEDs or neon tubing. The front is made from colored acrylic to display the colors of your logo. After dark, this color lights up.
- Halo lit markers add class. If you are hoping for a more refined appearance and do not worry so much about having your name seen from a far distance, then a halo-lit channel letter setup might just be the right system to choose. The front of the letters is closed or made from aluminum like the rest of the marker setup. The back is left open to allow the light to escape. The resulting display of light and shadow adds an air of elegance to your signage that you simply have to see to believe.
- Combination lighting offers a great look. Of course, there is no reason why your accountancy firm would have to limit itself to one type or the other. We can create a sign that looks much like your average front-lit channel letter setup but is in fact back-lit. Illumination escapes trough the front as well as the back. The halo effect is softened a bit while the crispness of the lettering stands out. Truly the best of both worlds, this type of lettering displays all the advantages of a front-lit setup.
If you are not sure what colors to choose or how to set up your marker so that it highlights not only the name of the firm but also perhaps some of its specialties, consider giving our expert graphics technicians a call. We are available for a site evaluation and consultation.
The City of Monterey Park is famous for being the home of the Garvey Ranch Observatory and offering access to a stunning 14 parks. Residents enjoy the availability of green areas for recreation and as backdrops for lunch breaks and the dinner hour. When it came time to add some signage to these locations, the city contacted America’s Instant Signs.
We discussed the marker needs with city officials. It was clear that the city was in need of monument signs. Monterey Park, CA, commissioned 11 concrete monument signs with a sand finish. We used a color in keeping with the city’s official marker colorations. Each sign featured a different inscription to identify the park names for residents and visitors.
To ensure a crisp appearance that would last for many years to come, our expert technicians used de-bossed lettering that they then filled with blue paint. When you look closely, you will notice that the city’s medallion is a digital print in an 11-inch diameter. We mounted these medallions to ¼-inch thick clear acrylic for added durability and visual aesthetics.
Monterey Park now has the enjoyment of beautifully done uniform park signs, which heighten the city’s good looks and make it stand out to visitors who notice the modern signage. The durability of the concrete is difficult to top, and there is a good chance that the city will continue to enjoy these markers for decades. If you are in the market for monument signs for your city, county or just your business, you have numerous options open to you.
- Material choices. Although concrete is famous for its durability, pre-fabricated foam is quickly becoming a viable option. Made from durable foam that is rated specifically for outdoor use, these markers are considerably less expensive than their concrete counterparts and almost as durable. If metal is your material of choice, consider aluminum, which is lightweight and paintable.
- Lighting options. It is possible to install a lit aluminum sign. When we install it with an acrylic face, it makes the information you display easy to read at any time of the day or night. When you prefer one of the other materials, consider the installation of landscape lighting that aims a spotlight or two at the marker. This creates a dramatic after-dark effect, which not only enhances the look of your landscape but also ensures the visibility of your signage information during nighttime hours.
- Set the tone with colors and textures. There is no shortage of available colors and textures. These markers can be made to look like real bricks, stucco, driftwood and anything in between. Adapt the appearance to suit the look of your building or atmosphere of your setting. In many ways, the sign can set the tone for the experience a visitor to your venue expects to have.
If all this seems overwhelming, do not fret! Talk to our friendly signage experts about your plans for adding one or more monument signs to your property. We can work with you on the size, color and finish. After you see some proofs of the proposed markers, the odds are good that you will wonder how you ever got along without them!